Forum Index \ CameraFTP Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 224/1
  • mobilesutra
  • (2 posts)

I have tested that my Tapo camera can send Images to CamerFTP and I can see them on my Mobile App. This does not need VSS software.   Now I  have taken subsription for live streaming assuming it will work without VSS as well. My Tapo camera has SD card . Is my assumption that Live stream will work without laptop based VSS software  right ?

Please help.

If it does not work then can I downgrade my subscript to send Images ?

10/7/2024 6:00:48 AM

• CameraFTPSupport
  • (322 posts)
Subject: Re:Live stream without VSS software

Cool. I was not sure if TP-Link Tapo cameras can upload footage/video to CameraFTP cloud directly. If your information is correct, then you don't have to use VSS software. You can stop/delete the camera in VSS; and then just configure your Tapo camera to upload images to CameraFTP cloud directly. You can then view or play back your camera from anywhere with CameraFTP Viewer app for iOS, Android and Windows, or log in to CameraFTP.com website.

If the goal is to live stream (or play back) the camera from your company website, then you can use our Camera Publishing feature. Please visit: https://www.cameraftp.com/camera/knowledgebase/howtoPublishCamera.aspx.

CameraFTP's publishing feature is much better than directly streaming from your camera. If you directly stream from your camera, then you need to expose your camera on the Internet, which is not secure. If multiple people connects to your camera, then you need to have a lot of bandwidth, and usually your camera can only handle 1 or 2 concurrent connections. Lastly, if your camera is down, then it will not work. With CameraFTP cloud-based live streaming, your camera just needs to upload footage to CameraFTP cloud. Then the footage is streamed from the cloud. It is more secure, scalable; and even if your camera is down, users can still play back the recorded footage.

10/7/2024 9:29:27 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003