Forum Index \ CameraFTP Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 514/3
  • Kostas Panagiotopoulos
  • (2 posts)

I upload an image to the FTP from my camera but I don have the option to crop it and take out some area that I do not want to show in the public.

Is it possible for CameraFTP to crop these images when they are uploaded?

8/22/2024 3:47:50 AM

• CameraFTPSupport
  • (316 posts)
Subject: Re:automatic crop of stored image

Sorry CameraFTP server does not support this feature. It is not hard for image-recording cameras; for video-recording cameras, it is harder, but still possible. The main reason is this method is not efficient. For example, if a user only wants to upload images/videos of 640x480, but his camera uploads images/videos of 8MP, it will use 10 times more bandwidth and far more CPU processing power to resize/crop the images/videos. It is much easier and more efficient to do so on the camera device side.

8/22/2024 9:31:07 AM

• Kostas Panagiotopoulos
  • (2 posts)
Subject: Re: automatic crop of stored image

User: CameraFTPSupport  -  8/22/2024 9:31:07 AM

Sorry CameraFTP server does not support this feature. It is not hard for image-recording cameras; for video-recording cameras, it is harder, but still possible. The main reason is this method is not efficient. For example, if a user only wants to upload images/videos of 640x480, but his camera uploads images/videos of 8MP, it will use 10 times more bandwidth and far more CPU processing power to resize/crop the images/videos. It is much easier and more efficient to do so on the camera device side.

Hello,

Thanks for the prompt reply, I just asked as I am not able to do that in may camera model (hikvision DS-2CD2047G2-L)

Regards,

Kostas.

8/23/2024 2:01:18 AM

• CameraFTPSupport
  • (316 posts)
Subject: Re:automatic crop of stored image

If you use CameraFTP VSS software on a PC, and use it to record the Hikvision camera footage to the cloud, I think we can add this feature to VSS. The processing will be done locally, so it is very efficient. Please let us know if you are interested.

(Otherwise, you might be able to use our GetLastCameraImage API to get the last camera image, process it, and then display it. But it requires some coding on your end)

8/23/2024 9:23:08 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003