Forum Index \ CameraFTP Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 450/2
  • destroythief
  • (2 posts)

I am unable to watch my camera's live (real-time) video feed. The "Go Live" option does not function.It's OK if my video doesn't record at all for replay; all I want is to see my camera live. Please assist. I am using a Hikvision PTZ IP camera with a resolution of 1920*1080 and a frame rate of 3fps.

8/21/2024 8:30:43 PM

• CameraFTPSupport
  • (316 posts)
Subject: Re:Real-time view doesn't function

To live stream IP camera video from CameraFTP Viewer app, or CameraFTP website (or embed in your own webpage), you need to use CameraFTP cloud recording service or use CameraFTP VSS software.

CameraFTP does not make, sell, or install/setup IP cameras. So we cannot automatically configure your camera remotely. For Hikvision IP cameras, you can configure it to:

(1) Upload image snapshots to CameraFTP directly

or

(2) Configure it to use CameraFTP VSS software. CameraFTP VSS can connect to IP camera's video streams, display live videos on your PC screen, and upload footage to the cloud or local disk. It is like a cloud-based NVR.

With (1), in general, you need to order a Cloud Image Recording service plan. You can use our free service, but it supports very limited cloud recording.

With (2), you need a PC running CameraFTP VSS software. The PC must be on and VSS software must be running all the time. You don't have to order a subscription plan if you only need to view the live camera. You can use our free service (for 1 camera only). It includes very limited cloud recording. VSS supports live view. You can use any web browser. Just log in to www.cameraftp.com, and you will see a list of cameras in your account. You can click to view any camera live. Also, you can install CameraFTP Viewer for iOS, Android, Windows and Mac (with Apple CPU).

If you want to embed the camera in your own webpage, then you need to order a subscription. CameraFTP VSS supports both video recording and image recording. 

8/21/2024 10:32:21 PM

• destroythief
  • (2 posts)
Subject: Re:Real-time view doesn't function

Great. I tried (2), then my real-time view worked. Thank.

coreball

8/22/2024 1:57:50 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003